Thursday, January 24, 2008

Favorite Meatpacking Walk


Every morning, I go on a big walk with Mama. Sometimes, we leave the building and turn left to walk towards Union Square and around Gramercy Park. Other times, we turn right and walk a few blocks to the Hudson River, down to the Leroy Street dog run, back through West Village and home to Chelsea.

My favorite walk is through the Meatpacking District. It's grungy with murals, but has fancy stores too. There are good restaurants there, which means loads of yummy things to sniff and eat. 

Mama gets so upset when I pick food off the street! She'll make me spit it out. I've had to pass up perfectly good pieces of pizza crusts and delicious smelling bits of lamb shawarma.

I'm sneaky, though. One time, when Mama wasn't looking, I snitched a nice piece of prosciutto on the corner of Gansevoort and Washington Street. Another time, I gobbled down a scrumptious bit of brioche that still had a smudge of jam on it. 

I had a long pee on a fire hydrant in front of Pastis, and I thought to myself, "Jasper, we ain't in Ohio anymore."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Where is that wall of Graffiti? I LOVE it image of the woman in yellow. Would love to go take a frontal pic of it.

Jasper said...

hi auntie jes, the yellow mural is on gansevoort between washington and greenwich. come over to my house and i'll walk you over there. bye!

The Mackays said...

Amen brutha. A little shwarma never hurt anybody. That's what the streets are for. I like to call it a "sidewalk shmorgasbord."

The Mackays said...

Amen brutha. A little shwarma never hurt anybody. That's what the streets are for. I like to call it a "sidewalk shmorgasbord."