Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Meditate and Relevate

I just made up that word, "relevate."  I like the the way it sounds. Kind of like relevant, revel and revelation.  The word, I've decided, means to come to an exciting, new understanding about something in your life. 

I try to meditate a little bit every day. It helps me relevate. (get it? snort, snort.)  A few deep breaths help me to relax and center myself after a hectic day in the City. If you don't watch it, you could get caught up thinking that you just haven't done enough in your life...you know, chased enough pigeons, terrorized enough cats, tasted enough human food, and peed on enough fire hydrants. You always look at the dog next to you and wonder, has he got more toys than me? Does he get to eat better treats and sniff more things?  Then you stop and think, wait a minute. I've got a great life. I'm very happy.
 
Here's a picture of me meditating and relevating.  Sometimes I close my eyes and I seem to be sleeping, but I'm actually in a deeply meditative state that only LOOKS like I've dozed off.


No comments: