Monday, February 4, 2008

My Scary Snow Outfit


Whenever it gets a little cold around here, like today where it's snowing a little bit, Mama starts hauling out the winter clothes and bundles me up as if we live on the arctic tundra, and not New York City. 

She bought me a fleece bodysuit from Trixie and Peanut that covers my whole body and all four legs and zips up the back. And if that weren't bad enough, she makes me wear a down vest over it, and the vest is PINK. You can't even call it red. It's embarrassing!  I feel like a giant strawberry puffball waddling down the street.

You should see the looks the guys give me when I show up at the dog run in that get up. They're like, "Dude, what's with the outfit?" I have to act all nonchalant and say, "The parental unit made me put it on. She controls the food and treats, so I have to do what she says. " 

The guys nod in understanding.  
"Yeah, I know what you mean," a brindle colored Frenchie pipes up, "last Halloween, my mom made me dress up like an alligator." 

So not cool. 




[That's a picture of the bodysuit. Are you feeling my pain?]

No comments: